[TR] TR 250 carb woes

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Thu Apr 15 12:24:32 MDT 2010

In a message dated 4/15/2010 12:19:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dlylis at gmail.com writes:

I have had the same problem with a 69 TR6 (Z-S) with Grose and it did  not
go away until I replaced them with standard issue.

Steve,
The gross jets had a bad run a number of years ago. I therefore throw  them
into the trash if I run across any. I once was left on the autocross
staging area @ a VTR National in Rockford, IL with my TR3B puking fuel  due to
those _%*&^$#@%s_ (mailto:*&^$#@) !!!!! I  also have had the standard issue
type go bad too.  Just not as  often. Normally if one taps the float bowl with
a screwdriver they will  sometimes close shut.  Dirt and contamination from
the fuel tank getting  past the filter is usually the problem.  I have even
seen little slivers  of rubber hose clog the jets so make sure all fuel
hoses are in good  shape

The float chamber ventilation that Dave speaks of is very real  too.  I
once washed out the rod bearings of my newly rebuild  Spitfire 1500 motor due
to that problem. Gas in the sump!

Darrell