[TR] low compression on cylinder no. 6

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 13 15:44:26 MDT 2010

A stuck ring seems very likely to me, David.  I would probably dose #6 with
your favorite penetrating oil (mine is PB Blaster) and let it sit overnight,
then try driving it for a few days.  If that doesn't free it up, you are
probably stuck removing the head & piston, so you can see what the real
problem is.  Unless the bore is damaged, you should be able to fix it
without having to remove the engine from the car.

And next time you put it to bed, maybe some upper cylinder lubricant?  Even
just a squirt or two from the oil can down each plug hole followed by
turning the engine by hand (or on the starter) will go a long way towards
preserving things.  There are purpose-made "fogging oils" that work even
better (try your local marine supply).

-- Randall