[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 138

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 7 18:03:31 MDT 2010

Brian, you are correct, the vent tube draws fumes and of course pressure out
by the vacuum created by the air moving past it as you drive down the road.
However Bill's comment is not entirely accurate. The design of the interior
of the block as well as the tube itself limits the amount of oil that can
actually be drawn out. What does escape is really very minor.
The 4A system does not use a vented cap or the draft tube.