[TR] Radio/Tape Player

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 6 20:11:04 MDT 2010

Thanks Jim.  I'll check that out.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Jim Muller
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 11:15 PM
To: Triumph Mail List
Subject: Re: [TR] Radio/Tape Player

On 4 Apr 2010 at 21:39, Scott Suhring wrote:

> my radio/tape player has stopped working. The clock is
> still on but I can get nothing from the radio or the tape player.

Most such devices have two power lines and one ground.  One of the
power lines is unswitched and attaches directly to the battery (or to
a wire coming from the battery).  This line feeds the clock and
presumably an LCD or similar low power display.  The other power line
usually attaches to a wire that is switched on or off with the
accessories position of the ignition switch.  It powers the audio.
If this wire has come loose you will have clock but no audio.  Or it
is quite possible that your audio unit itself is blown.  But I'd
check the power wires first.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com