[TR] First ride

Dan Forgey cofrog at q.com
Mon Apr 5 14:19:16 MDT 2010

I alway thought it would be a good thing if tops were offered for TR3, TR4 and
early Spits with a zip out rear window like the later cars.

> Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:50:06 +0000
> From: pethier at comcast.net
> To: Dave1massey at cs.com
> CC: Triumphs at autox.team.net; tr3driver at ca.rr.com
> Subject: Re: [TR] First ride
>
> ----- Dave1massey at cs.com wrote:
>
> >> It's not "bikini", it's "Bimini"
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimini_top
> >

> > Kill joy!
>
> Yeah, I know. :-)
>
> The confusion may have started when someone combined Bimini with Birkin to
denote sunshades for Birkin cars. The Birkini. Someone else wanted to denote
such a device for any car and mistook the construction as coming from bikini.

> I made a Bimini of sorts for the TR4 by cutting the windows out of an old
shrunken white TR4 top I bought on Ebay. Maybe the new owner will stretch it
back out and get the frame to fit correctly.