[TR] TR3 exhaust system question

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sun Apr 4 08:38:32 MDT 2010

I think I know the answer but....

Just finished installing the exhaust system on the '3.   The problem is that
the rear edge of the front muffler is resting up against the rear diff
housing.  Is this normal?  I think I am going to have to un-install and trim
about 1" off the front of that pipe so that it clears - otherwise it will
vibrate a hole.   Not sure how easy it will be to separate - considering how
difficult it was to put them together.  Guess I could see if it will slide
further in but that may make disassembly even more difficult.

Progress is moving along.   Other than the above issue all that is left
before body back on are the fuel/brake lines.   Might get the neighbors over
this afternoon for a body raising/lowering.....

Carl