[TR] valve adjuatment problem

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sat Apr 3 18:25:46 MST 2010

One basic thing I forgot to ask - you ARE checking the #8 gap when
the #1 valve is open all the way, right?

Also, on the "I've pulled the tappet out of the bore" problem - I
have found that it may be possible to work it back in the bore with a
small magnet on a slender pole and another long skinny thing like,
say, a coat hanger.  If you can get the magnet to stick into the
bottom of the tappet and play with it until it goes back into the
bore, then you can stick the coat hanger down the hole to hold it in
place and pull the magnet out.

- Tony Drews