[TR] TR-TR3 winndshield glass

John A. Wise 60TR3A at cox.net
Fri Apr 2 21:20:50 MST 2010

A couple of years ago my TR3 windscreen took a direct hit from the Arizona
State flower (i.e., the rock).  I called my insurance company & they said no
problem. The 20-somthing I was talking to could not find one of their shops
that had a TR3 glass or even tell her what the cost would be.

I told her the I could find a windscreen & could tell her the cost from the
Moss catalog.  She said OK.  I asked if I had Moss send me a new windscreen
would they find an approved shop to install it?  She called and the shop said
they could not do it.  I asked if I could find someone to do it would they
would pay him & she said yes. (I had put a new windscreen in my MGA many years
ago & remember how much it work it was.)  I found a local hobbyist (retired &
working on LBCs for fun & a little extra cash) and he gave me a quote & was
paid by my insurance company after he installed the glass.

A long story to say Moss.

John