[TR] First ride

Joe Laurito trglory at verizon.net
Fri Apr 2 19:20:07 MST 2010

One of our sons invited us to Good Friday diner at his house. Michele and I
took that opportunity to put the top down on the TR8 and use up some of last
year's funky old gas. I have driven this car for 12 years now and it still
puts a smile on my face. I have to admit though, when I had Strombergs on it
the car was a very docile, well mannered daily driver. Now with the Holley,
it is crude and rude and not at all enjoyable in stop and go traffic. But
when you get it on the interstate, it comes into its own and runs like a
thoroughbred. When I start feeding it fresh gas do you think it will be
better behaved? New gas may not be immediate because the Holley gets much
better gas mileage than the Strombergs....go figure.