[TR] crossthreaded master cylinder-TR3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Sep 28 16:17:45 MDT 2009

> Can I  retap or is that folly?  Safety first, you know.

Not a place for cutting corners, IMO.  However, you could swap the brake &
clutch MC; as losing the clutch line is much less of a safety concern.

> If chasing threads is a possibility, area taps readily available?

I forget the size offhand, but they are standard SAE threads.  You'll
probably want a 'bottoming' tap though, and possibly grind the end down a
bit, so it doesn't cut into the conical seat inside the MC (which is where
the actual sealing takes place).

Randall