[TR] TR4A Crankcase Breather Regulator Valve ?

jerryvv at roadrunner.com jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 28 11:28:33 MDT 2009

Yes if you do not install a breather like is used on TR3 or TR4 engines. You will end up developing pressure inside the engine and blow oil out of places you don't even know in addition to the normal leak paths. On a TR4A you need to remove the blanking plug below the fuel pump and insert a breather pipe.
I've been running mine this way for years. Not easy to do with the engine in the car but it can be done. Be careful to remove the plug and all of the pieces if you decide to do this.

JVV