[TR] Chassis paint

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 18:04:54 MDT 2009

In a message dated 9/26/2009 11:00:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
trmarty at hotmail.com writes:

Anybody  tried Summit Racing's Chassis Shield paint? Work OK for you? Was
one
quart  enough to do a Triumph frame?

==AM==
I can't vouch for Summit Racing's paint. However, I did a Rotoflex GT6+
chassis and some of the small suspension bits with POR-15's chassis paint.
One quart (two coats in some spots, and all applied with foam brushes) just
barely made it, so I suspect it might not be enough for a TR  chassis, or for
a later Spitfire "Federal" chassis with the rear  extensions, or a Herald
chassis?

I am, so far, very happy with the POR-15 paint. The project has been
stalled for about a year now, but the chassis still looks great -- if dusty --
and the paint seems extremely hard and durable.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)