[TR] removing radiator without removing apron on TR3A?

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 26 13:18:19 MDT 2009

On Saturday 26 September 2009 02:55:19 pm cfisher at borgwarner.com wrote:
> I need to remove my leaking radiator from my TR3a. While I'm at it I'm
> going to convert to an electric fan. Is it reasonably manageable to do this
> with just the grill removed, or will I need to take the front apron off? I
> would really like to avoid removing that apron if possible.
>
> Thanks for the advice,
> Curt
Curt,

The only way you can get the radiator out without removing the front apron is
to saw it in half if you can.

I know it is a PITA to remove the apron but there is no easy way to remove the
radiator with the apron on.

If you are lucky and the bolts are not rusted to the caged nuts it only takes
about an hour or so to remove the apron after removing the bumper.

I always loosen all the fender bolts so I can move the front fenders out a bit
for extra clearance.

Bob