[TR] TR Servo Rebuilder - Diaphragm source

stantr6 at comcast.net stantr6 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 21 17:10:45 MDT 2009

List,
Does anyone out there know where I can purchase a diaphragm for a TR6 brake servo ?

Years ago, I came across two old units, plus the one on my '74 TR6, that I was restoring.
I opened all three, discovered my original was torn, apparently at manufacture. I replaced it with the better of the other two diaphragms, had best can powdercoated (kept mating surfaces bare), replaced the other components with new, from TRF, and reassembled.

Now, I would like to assemble another, but rubber diaphragms seem to be a controlled substance.
thanx,
Stan