[TR] List Meeting at TFest

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 09:23:03 MDT 2009

In a message dated 9/20/2009 12:06:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pdonnel1 at san.rr.com writes:

Johnnie,

I will be leaving this Friday morning with Bob Palmer for Triumhpest  from
Akron, OH in my Hybrid Durango with my Pharaoh Gold 81 TR7 in tow unless  I
switch to the 71 Laurel TR6. Anyone have an opinion on which to  bring? I
know I'm a whimp for towing but we hope to be there by Monday to  enjoy the
West Coast to the Max. I can see the stars as I walk down  Hollywood
Boulevard.  Besides I am hauling nearly 400 lbs of VTR Awards,  Master Trophies,
Judging forms and reference materials.  That's my  excuse and I'm sticking to
it. See any of you at the Judging school  Thursday @ 2:00PM?

I will bring my List grill badge. T-Shirts?  Where do you get  those?

Darrell
VTR Chief Judge

The TR6 gets to go to a lot of national events.  The TR7 has only  been to
the national VTR NATC in Albany, NY and the VTR NATC in Portland.  OR. The
TR6 is of course "Hairy Chested" and the last of the true Triumph  full
framed sportscars. The TR7 is a FI one and really a very nice  cruising car, but
is it a real Triumph?  It is the NOS one I bought as a  new car in 1996.  It
currently has 8,500 miles on the clock.