[TR] Off-topic -deadly floormats?

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri Sep 18 06:32:58 MDT 2009

On 18 Sep 2009 at 4:34, terryrs at comcast.net wrote:

> Not sure I'd like the idea of turning off the engine in that
> situation.  Wouldn't the power assists to the brakes quit?

On some cars turning off the key far enough might lock the steering.

Another significant point no one has mentioned yet is the speed the
car was travelling.  Did I see it said here that the car was doing
120mph?  It takes time to get to 120, depending on the car anything
from seconds to 10's of seconds.  It makes one wonder how fast they
were going when the problem was first "observed", and how much time
elapsed while the driver was looking for a solution.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+