[TR] My TR Tour, Part 7

jimbpps at cox.net jimbpps at cox.net
Sun Sep 13 20:26:03 MDT 2009

On the 27th of Aug. the local TR club (PTOA) sponsored a driving tour. The tour began in Newberg, OR about 45 miles south of my brothers home, then proceeded west over the Oregon Coast Mountain Range, only about 1800 feet elevation though. On the way west and down from the rest stop (see attached photo) at the summit, we had to all stop and remove a fir tree that had fallen part way across the road. It took about eight of us pulling on the top and upper branches to finally break the tree off enough so the TRs could pas by with out either sliding off into the ditch or having to drive over the top of the tree! A couple of 4-wheel drive pick-ups had driven by, but everyone felt the TRs had too low a ground clearance to try driving over the tree. The tour ended at a brew pub right on the Pacific Ocean shore. Over an excellent lunch and a great brew we watched wet suit clad surfers braving the icy pacific.

On Sat. Aug. 29th just about our whole family attended the Hillsboro Air Show. The headliner for the show was the US Air Force Thunderbirds. Due to the low cloud cover the Thunderbirds were unable to fly the higher altitude portion of their program. However, the low altitude portion was awesome!! The other headliner of interest was Robosaurus, the huge car eating machine! I first saw Robosaurus at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale a couple of years ago when it was up for sale, but missed it in operation. It is really great fun to watch in a gross way (see attached photo). With a loud thundering sound track and flames, it completely tore apart a full sized Ford Taurus right in front our seats. WE were seated  in one of the VIP tents where my brother-in-law who works with one of the VIP hosts, got us in, along with VIP parking, and lunch! It was a good show and we all enjoyed it emensely!

I will tell you all about the All British Field Meet (ABFM) and the Columbia Classic Historic Races in Part 8!

Regards,

Jim
Jim Bauder
TR 250, CD47L
Scottsdale, AZ
(currently visiting in Vancouver, WA)
Cell: 480-309-9525

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Cars onthe tour-2.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Robosaurus.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Tearing up a Ford Taurus.JPG]