[TR] Vertical link problems - TR2/3

dlylis at gmail.com dlylis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 19:29:50 MDT 2009

How were the ball joints when you installed them?  They should move freely just by twisting with your hands. If that is the case then the ball joints are OK. Is it that your steering is locked, or tight?  With the suspension fully extended down you can expect stiffness from my experience. You might check if your ball joints are jammed against the side of the socket when fully extended which would inhibit free movement. There is a rubber stop that goes under the lower spring pan. Is that installed?
Since you have the castellated nut that loose, take it off and drop the vertical link away and check the ball joint for free movement one final time.