[TR] TR4A Body Questions

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 17:20:10 MDT 2009

In a message dated 9/16/2009 6:19:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
guy at genfiniti.com writes:

3.   I am attempting to remove the original seat belt  anchors.  After
taking a wire brush to the pitch-like undercoating  that covered the nuts, I
did my best to break them, but they just wouldn't  budge, even with an
impact
wrench.  I looked for welds, but didn't see  any, but it doesn't mean
they're
not there.  Can someone tell me if  these things are in fact welded to the
body tub?

==AM==
If you're referring to what the eyebolts screw into, yes, I'm almost
positive they were permanently affixed to the body. If the surrounding  metal is
intact, I'd say leave them as-is.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)