[TR] question about renovating leather seats

don don at napanet.net
Thu Sep 10 23:14:04 MDT 2009

>I finally did it.  I bought a TR4A.  It's back in Ohio.  Mostly original
>car, so some parts are worn.

It has black leather seats which are showing their age.  Has anyone on the
list found any leather renovating products that really do work?  I have
seen ads in various car magazines which promise a lot, but not sure what
they really deliver.

Years ago I bought some liquid leather treatment products for my '91 Miata
which had tan leather seats which were a bit worn.  The stuff didn't seem
to do much good!  So, just got another Miata, ten years newer instead and
the seats in it are in great shape.  Can't do that with a TR4A though.

Don Scott
2001 Miata SE BRG
1967 TR4A
1962 MGA