[TR] Static Timing

Wayne rengrave at verizon.net
Wed Sep 9 20:44:09 MDT 2009

Ok, in the book does state that the light will go "out" and I was looking at
the light going on.
I have the test light conected between the positive size of the battery and
the spade conector on
the distributor.
So my light goes on when my points are closed.

My question is am I looking for the points to open or close with the static
timing at 12 BTDC?
I was thinking they had to be closed to fire in #1 cylinder which means my
light would go on.
Or should I be setting it so my points are just begining to open (my light
will go out)?
Why am I getting so confused about this?
Ignoring my light, should the points be opening or closing?

Wayne
73 TR6