[TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises

Peter Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Sun Sep 6 14:26:42 MDT 2009

Randall is right on.  It is false economy (from my early repair manuals) not
to open the bearings and at least check them out - I would just replace the
rod bearings them as a matter of course.  You may not have any damage from
the debris in the oil pump, but if you've had low oil pressure you may have
damaged the bearings anyway.  The main bearings are a little more problem to
change with the engine in the car, but I would change them if there is any
wear.
Not a bad idea about the pump shaft too.
My $.02 input
Pete