[TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Sun Sep 6 13:08:04 MDT 2009

All,
I dropped the oil pan today and pulled the pump. Check out the ugliness I
found inside,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42214313@N05/3893953988/

Pitted spindle, cracked (in two places) rotor and scored inside. How does
this happen?

If everyone agrees this is the cause of my low oil pressure I'll order a new
pump right away. I really don't want to pull the rob bearings if possible.
Oh and BTW, the spindle is NOT pinned.

Johnnie