[TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 2 16:45:24 MDT 2009

I had a similar problem several years ago. New rod bearings and a rebuilt
oil pump fixed my problem. Look at your oil pump bottom cover very closely.
If it is gouged or has wear marks have it resurfaced flat. Remove those wear
rings or gouges. Check the side clearances too and if necessary replace the
rotor and pump ring. Oil pressure will return nicely.
Jerry Van Vlack