[TR] [Fwd: Intersting article]

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Tue Sep 1 22:27:07 MDT 2009

According to Tesla's internet site the production plan was to have 500 built
between July 2008 and March 2009.  Whether that plan has been accomplished,
I have no idea.

A July 2008 memo stated that a dozen finished units had been delivered and
another 24 were in production with the production moving at about 4 units
per week and ramping up to 100 per month by December 2008.

A Dec. 2008 Memo stated that the previous week, Tesla delivered its 100th
vehicle.

A Jan 2009 memo stated that during 2008 nearly 150 customers took delivery
of a Tesla.

A Feb. 2009 memo stated that they had produced over 200 vehicles, production
was sold out through early Nov and they expected that soon the entire 2009
production would be sold out.  Over 1000 customers were awaiting delivery.

No further production figures were mentioned in the blog.

Joe