[TR] TR Radiator "Tropical" Fan?

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sat Oct 31 19:56:54 MST 2009

In a message dated 10/31/2009 8:36:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

I can't  say if it's genuine, but it certainly bears a strong resemblance to
the  illustration in my TR4A SPC (which of course doesn't show the color).
And  while Ted has been known to stretch the truth on occasion, I'm inclined
to  take his word for it.

Could be mistaken, but my understanding is that  the "tropical" TR2-4 fan
was
an aftermarket accessory, made in Australia or  some such, not in the UK by
Standard-Triumph (though they may have fitted  it to some cars, on request).

==AM==
Whether or not 211986 is a "tropical" fan, it is a TR4A fan as Randall
notes. It was also used on the Vitesse 6 and 2L, early GT6 and 2000 sedan.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)