[TR] Will a GT6 Heater Assembly Fit a Late TR6?

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri Oct 30 15:54:21 MST 2009

On 30 Oct 2009 at 17:08, Jim Coleman wrote:

> Like most, I believe a TR6 heater would be as easy to find as a
> GT6 heater and know that it fits.

If it weren't for the commonality between Spitfire and GT6 parts I'd
expect a TR6 to be much easier to find!

As for that commonality, Spitbits lists no part number for the box
itself.  They list the "heater matirx" for the GT6 and for the 17-74
Spitfire.  They have the same part number.  They don't list it for
the later Spitfire at all.

Seems to me those GT6 heaters might be scarcer.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+