[TR] Is there anything like this in the USA?

Ken Gano palm top triumphs at consolidated.net
Wed Oct 28 20:41:30 MST 2009

Sort of...  Although I have never been I hear that Hershey (PA) "import and
kit car" weekend is basically a big swap meet.  They used to do regional
ones as well (I went to Bloomington, IL three different years) but that
stopped maybe ten years ago.  It was mostly American Iron, but there was a
smattering of British stuff and a huge selection of shop tools and general
purpose stuff.

The Chicago MG club has a big swap meet each winter with lots of Triumph
stuff.  Other than travelling to Chicago in February (not a pleasant
experience :-)) it is a nice get together and a fun break in the long winter
season.

I know several of our friends on this list actually traveled to England for
this, or a very similar get together a few years ago, before the dollar
tanked.  As I recall it was put on by the national Triumphs club and have
heard stories of some fantastic bargains.  Ask Fred Thomas for more details.

I too would love to see something similar, centrally located.

Ken Gano