[TR] Libra, was Brit Money Definition

scotts junk smacsjunk at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 11:31:43 MST 2009

> The Triumph speedo might have been calibrated in furlongs per fortnight at
one time, maybe.

Reminds me of a brit car club rally I was rallymaster for several years ago;
the penalty for entrants with non-british cars was that they were to receive
their rally instructions in furlongs, while brit cars had both miles and
kiometers on theirs.

Unfortunately it backfired - I was out of town until just before the start.
Rushed to the printers to pick up both sets of instructions then directly to
the start (in pouring rain of course). As I handed the instructions to the
last car to depart(an MG B), the navigator looked at them, grinned, looked up
at me  and shouted "You ##$%&& SOB". Dismayed at this admonishment for all my
hard work, I glanced down at the RI sheets I'd been handing out and realized
to my horror that the printer had screwed up and copied BOTH sets in furlongs.
Despite this we had only 1 lost car and the winner (with his teenage math wiz
son as navigator) only picked up 6 points  and zerod the last TSD section.

cheers

Scott