[TR] Brit Money Definition

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Sat Oct 24 19:48:03 MDT 2009

Hi Bill;

I do hope that Britain never adopts the Euro. We British will get far too
confused when travelling to Continental Europe without the need for currency
 conversion.

As for the Loonie and Toonie, from my adopted Colonial nation: The Loonie
is a one Canadian Dollar coin, so named because there is a picture of a Loon
on  every one. When the two Canadian dollar coin came out, it was a natural
fit  (well, for Canadians, anyway) to call it a Toonie. Or is it a Twonie?
I don't  think I know.

By the way, there is still a factory in the British town of Doncaster that
is producing tractors with Whitworth-sized nuts and bolts!

Tim Dyer,  Proprietor
Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road,  RR3
Ashton, Ontario, K0A 1B0, Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association of Horticulture
Industry  professionals), the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association and
Christmas Tree  Farmers of Ontario