[TR] Brit Money Definition

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sat Oct 24 18:40:59 MDT 2009

     I understand pounds sterling. So are a quid, bob and guinea the same
thing? And is a shilling the equivalent to our nickel?
Guinea4.(lowercase) a former money of account of the United Kingdom, equal to
21 shillings: still often used in quoting fees or prices.5.(lowercase) a gold
coin of Great Britain issued from 1663 to 1813, with a nominal value of 20
shillings.

Shilling
1.a cupronickel coin and former monetary unit of the United Kingdom, the 20th
part of a pound, equal to 12 pence: retained in circulation equal to 5 new
pence after decimalization in 1971.

Bill in Tehachapi