[TR] Shrinking Disc Demo

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sat Oct 24 17:49:49 MDT 2009

Hi Todd,
Not sure if you are interested, but I have been using a really neat tool to
remove dents from my TR4A body work. It is called a shrinking disk. I could do
a demo on how it works during the Trials if you are interested. It is fairly
inexpensive (in the whole scheme of what a paint job costs)  and not too hard
to learn how to use. Basically, you remove the dent with out using Bondo but
bring the low spots up while shrinking the high spots.. Kind of cool. If you
want, I could show you guys how it works and if you think it would be worth
demonstrating as a workshop at the trials we could figure something out.
The reason I am suggesting this is that bodywork is the single most
daunting/expensive process in a restoration and this would allow a lot of the
guys out there to jump in and at least get the dents out ...
Anyway, let me know and we can figure something out. I would be willing to
have the demo here, With the room addition and deck we could do a tech
session/cookout. (I haven't asked SHMBO yet but she is usually game).
Really tough to hear of Rob's dad passing, That is never easy. I remember when
my dad died.
Dave Connitt