[TR] Car Myths

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Wed Oct 21 20:21:32 MDT 2009

In a message dated 10/21/2009 9:37:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jimmuller at rcn.com writes:

On 21  Oct 2009 at 18:53, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

And there was thunder thunder  down on thundner road
Thunder was his engine and white lightning was his  load.
> "And there was moonshine, moonshine to quench the devil's  thirst
>  The lawmen said they'd get 'im, but the devil got him  first"
>

> I bet there might be one or two old farts on  this list who know that
song.

Thunder Road.  Written and sung by  Robert Mitchum for the movie,
which was his production  too.

==AM==
Darn. First, Mark beats me to the question...and then Jim beats me to the
answer! Great record, although it's probably best that Mitchum stayed mostly
 with acting. Kinda like Richard Harris.... :-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)