[TR] Trickle Charger Wire Gauge?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Oct 20 15:02:28 MDT 2009

> I just paid our electical bill and the current rate was 32.7
> cents per KWh.

Wow!  I thought CA was supposed to be expensive, but I'm paying a lot less
than that, at least on average.  Don't think even the marginal rate is that
high.

> That would make the cost of charging for the month about 14 cents.

You're assuming that the charger is 100% efficient.  But those things get
hot even with no load, so I'd guess it's wasting at least a watt.  Which
would bring the cost up to a whopping 38 cents <G>

-- Randall