[TR] Balancing TR6 Wheels

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Oct 20 05:56:52 MDT 2009

In a message dated 10/19/2009 10:50:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
wsb1960tr3a at att.net writes:
>    I am getting ready for new tires on my TR6. When balancing the wheels,
> does anyone leave the trim rings on. They aren't really symmetrical,
> having
> the hole on one side for the valve stem for filling tires. Does it make a
> difference?

Maybe.  I've never done it and the wheels get balanced pretty well but
perhaps balancing with the rims on will make a subtle difference.  Talking the
guy at the tire store into doing it may be the hard part.

Of course the best way is to balance with the wheels on the car.  This will
compensate for imbalances in the other rotating parts, too.

Dave