[TR] Re-Tapping Threads

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Mon Oct 19 21:19:17 MDT 2009

No, you can't do that.  You will lose all the strength in the hole.  You need to use a larger screw, or drill out the hole for a threaded insert.

I'd try harder to get the correct bolt.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier