[TR] TR4A Crankcase Breather Valve

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Oct 18 16:13:54 MDT 2009

In a message dated 10/18/2009 4:46:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
piggerp at comcast.net writes:
> I've been having troubles with my front SU carburetor idling to fast.
> I've
> made sure there are no leaks and there is nothing hanging, but the
> carburetor reuses to go less then about 2000 RPM.  I then plugged the hose
> from the intake manifold to the Crankcase Breather Valve and the RPM
> dropped
> sharply.  I assume there is a lot of air getting through this system.
> How do I check the whole system to see if the breather valve is
> functioning?
> Can I get rid of it?

Make sure the valve is assembled correctly.  I ran into this issue and the
pin on the plate with the diaghram was not centered and was not regulating
the air flow.  Basicaly it was wide open.  I put it back together correctly
(not all that trivial) and the car tuned up just like it should.

Dave