[TR] Trickle Charger Wire Gauge?

Paul Willoughby paulwillou at socal.rr.com
Sun Oct 18 11:23:44 MDT 2009

Will automotive speaker wire be sufficient to handle the current of the
inexpensive Harbor Freight automatic battery chargers?

I'm going to install a quick disconnect in the grill so I don't have to open
the hood to connect the battery charger.  I've got a roll of red and black
speaker wire that would make a nice clean installation.  But after stripping
the insulation off, it doesn't seem like a lot of wire.  But then I imagine
that there isn't a lot of electricity in that little charger either.

paulw

64 TR4
56 TR3