[TR] Fwd: (SHNDAT) LBC 'Directory' idea?

Blake J. Discher bdischer.lists at blakedischer.com
Sun Oct 18 07:20:55 MDT 2009

On Oct 18, 2009, at 8:20 AM, John Macartney wrote:

> As a now non-Triumph owner without any financial interests for the
> above - or anyone else doing the same thing, I think it would be a
> great website information resource to track down good quality
> 'unobtanium'. Price would obviously be a critical factor for many,
> but actually knowing of the existence of such sources would surely
> do much to help those who may need what is offered and can't find it
> elsewhere? I'm thinking mainly of the individual who may have sunk
> quite a lot of personal resources for tooling / moulds and it would
> be nice to know he/she was getting a better crack of the whip in
> getting more of their stuff out into the market place and able to
> earn a bit more for their labours for the trouble they've gone to in
> trying to help others.

Hi John,

VTR has just such listings on it's web site.  Now that we have a new
webmaster, Rick Reeves, count on updates whenever people provide new
content.  You can send Rick content at webmaster at vtr.org.

Just a side note:

Also, as a thank you, anyone providing technical articles will be
given a one-year membership in VTR or have their membership extended
by one year.  Several have taken us up on that, Brian Jones comes to
mind.  He wrote a couple of excellent tech articles:  heated driving
jacket: <http://vtr.org/maintain/extendDrivingSeason.pdf> and audio in
a TR4: <http://www.vtr.org/maintain/GreatAudioTR4.pdf>.

Back to your post...

Check out http://vtr.org/other-links.shtml

Where you'll find this section, about half way down, intended for
individuals who are helping, on a personal level, to keep parts
available.  If you send the links for the individuals you site in your
email, VTR will get them added.  Some are already included.  Right
now, the listing appear as follows:

---------------------------
Commercial Sites:

PLEASE NOTE: The listing of a commercial or individual's site here in
no way constitutes a recommendation by VTR for a particular vendor.
These vendors have gone through no approval process to be included in
this list.

This first set of listings are individuals in the Triumph hobby who
manufacture parts on their own to make our cars better:

	 Dan Masters - Wire Harness, Electronics Manual for TR6
	 Rick Patton - Fan Eliminator
	 Rick Patton - Throttle Body Injection (TBI) Upgrade
	 John Wilson - Throttle Body Injection (TBI) Upgrade
	 Joe Alexander - Manufacturer of formerly NLA parts, performance
parts, and aftermarket parts
	 Jack Drews - Assorted Machined Pieces
	 Jeff Palya - Carb Refinishing/Rebuilding
	 Justin Wagner - Silicon Valve Cover Gaskets
	 Bob Budd - Hood Liner Heat Shields