[TR] plastic tranny covers

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sat Oct 17 18:37:43 MDT 2009

I have plastic tranny covers in both the Spitfire and GT6.  IIRC,
they came from different sources (Spitbits, TRF) but I may be
mistaken.  As far as I noticed they are the same.  They've been in
the cars for more than a few years.  Neither fit particuarly well,
okay but not great for several reasons.  The GT6 cover is now
slightly cracked in one spot.  And driving through severe rain and
puddles for the CCBCC British Legends ride taught me the value of
having a better fit to the firewall!

So I'm considering fitting another and doing it more carefully.  Any
thoughts or experiences with them?  Is any vendor's better than
another or are they all really the same from the same manufacturer?

Tanks,

Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com