[TR] TR3 Brake/Clutch Res Leak

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 17 07:02:38 MDT 2009

On Friday 16 October 2009 09:04:30 pm wbeech at flash.net wrote:
> I have the very slightest leak from the Brake/Clutch reservoir, lost about
> an inch over the summer, fortunately I have DOT 5 and have not lost any
> paint.  I believe the problem is the rubber washer that secures the pipe
> fittings to the can, but I cannot seem to find these individually
> available. Has anyone chased these down while re-building this can?
>
> Also, I cannot find the stops that act to control the travel on the brake
> and clutch pedals.  My car did not have these when I got it, just the
> holes, and I don't see them listed in anyone's catalog. (if I am looking in
> the right places)
>
> Thanks!!!!
> Bill

Bill,

If you cant stop the leak at the reservoir you might want to try my fix.

Years ago, I decided to put an end to the constant leak and paint pealing by
soldering both connections on the bottom of the reservoir. I used acid core
solder and a propane torch. This was in 1972.

When I restored my current 58 back in 1979, I used the same solution.

As you might guess, there has never been a leak since.

I cant for the life of me think why that assembly would ever need to be
disassembled. For me a permanent fix to a perpetual problem.

The only leak I have had since was in the brake MC which needed a rebuild.

As far as the stops, Randall is correct. 1/4 * 28 bolts with nuts. Adjust for
some free play.

Bob-