[TR] Cleaning Cardboard Radiator Duct

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Oct 15 19:09:54 MDT 2009

>> Ran the car this season without a duct with noB B problem, but
> >want to re-install a duct.B B Don't want to repeat the same
> >experience, so am looing for alternatives.B

>I painted mine with several coats of ordinary rattle-can enamel and it was
>still doing it's job some 20 years later. B Granted it doesn't rain much
>around here, but it definitely got wet more than a few times.

Yes, I painted mine with several coats of 3M also.B  Here in New Hampshire, I
get caught in torrential downpours (despite the weather channel).

Hmm...for that matter, what does the Weather Channel and Meet the Nation have
in common?B

People lie with a straight face and sometimes the best of intentions....

Oh well.B  Question, then.B  Is there a paint that would render cardboard
impervious to rain, or is there, as Fred mentioned, a stainless steel duct out
there being manufactured by someone on the List???

Terry Smith,

New Hampshire, where we believe everything we read, unless it's in a
newspaper, in a book, on television, or otherwise in print.