[TR] My TR3 Caused an Accident Today?!

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Thu Oct 15 12:32:11 MDT 2009

----- "Brian Jones" <tr4zest at gmail.com> wrote:
> My wife hates driving in my TR4. It is something I have to enjoy
> 'alone'. Why does she hate it?
> "Its such an attention-grabbing car. I don't like people staring at
> me." she
> tells me.
>
> "Honey, they are looking at the car, not you. They even look at the
> car when
> I'm in it."
>
> She still wont get in it.  Ah well.
>
> Brian

My problems are a bit different.  Sue loves to ride in "her" TR4.  Loves to wave at all the gawkers.  Won't drive it.  Steering effort at low speed is all it takes to keep her away.  She has shoulder and arm problems from fibromyalgia.  Has no problem with the manual transmission.  Hates automatics.

The Seven is the car she won't even ride in.  The fibromyalgia makes it too difficult to enter and especially exit this minimalist car.

The TR4 attracts a lot of attention, but the Seven positively stupifies people.  If they know these cars, it looks exactly like a mid-sixties Lotus.  If they don't know these cars, it's a fantastically-styled toy car in yellow.  Either way, they stop in their tracks and stare.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier