[TR] TR6 Trapazoidal Front Side Lamps

thomas309 at aol.com thomas309 at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 10:48:33 MDT 2009

How about some heat shrink tubing, on the threads and nut?

In a message dated 10/12/2009 9:54:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
acekraut11 at aol.com writ

I am thinking about  trying to seal up the treads on the mounting studs
for the front side lamps  for early '74 TR6 so that next time I remove them
they don't snap off from  being rusty. I plan to us a SS nyloc nut and some
anti-seize. There are still  a lot of threads exposed in the wheel well.
How do
you prevent them from  rusting? Paint? Undercoat? grease & some sort of
tape  or
sleeve?
TIA,

Bill in  Tehachapi
This list supported in part by the Vintage Triumph  Register
http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs at autox.team.net

http://www.team.net/archive

Triumphs at autox.team.net