[TR] Heater Steam

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Oct 12 17:21:45 MDT 2009

In a message dated 10/12/2009 6:08:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
terryrs at comcast.net writes:
> Tried the heater this morning, and steam coated the windshield. No water
> in
> oil, none in the exhaust.B  But also no wet spots under the heater core.B
> Would a coolant leak under the hood get suckedB  up into the heater intake
> and
> come into the cockpit as steam?

Two things come to mind:
1) since this is the first time you tried your heater recently there might
have been some water that had found its way into the heater and the heat
caused it to vaproize and then condense on the windscreen, and
2) your heater leaks.  These heaters are really robust and will tolerate
much more than a modern heater but they will still leak.  If the steaming
continues then I would have to say it is #2.  But since the heater is made of
coper coils it may be repairable.

Dave