[TR] wire wheels

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Oct 12 16:50:31 MDT 2009

>B B B B B B B B I'm planning to look at a set of used chrome 60-spoke wire
wheels. The
>seller isn't sure if they are Dayton or Dunlop. Based on general hearsay, I
>think I would prefer Dayton. Does anyone know of a way to visually tell the
>difference between the two brands? Any and all comments most welcome
>regarding either manufacturer.

I bought my wire wheels used and am completely satisfied, for a fraction of
the cost of new.B  But then, I bought them from the President of a Connecticut
MGB car club.B  Felt I could trust him to know what he was selling and to be
honest about it.B  I did and he was.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire