[TR] TR 250 Clutch Help!

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sun Oct 11 18:04:44 MDT 2009

Hi,

I meant to email this earlier, but the way I normally checked email
while on the road meant I could not easily post emails to the list.

We talked to some people at the Triumph Fest and they all agreed with
Randall, it could be an oil leak getting oil on the clutch.

We went to a shop in San Luis Obispo.  After the owner (Peter) took it
for a test drive, he put it up on jack stands in the rear.  Then he had
some one let off the clutch in first with the parking brake on.  You
could see the differential rocking side to side.  So Peter thought the
bushings were shot.  He replaced them with polyurethane ones the old
ones were rubber.  Anyway, that took care of the problem.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Roger Elliott