[TR] Rack & pinion conversions for TR3's??? CONTROL HEAD Solution (one of many)

A Daniel Cronin adcronin at ameritech.net
Sun Oct 11 17:05:35 MDT 2009

In regards to the turn signal function when converting to R and P steering,
The folks at Bastuck also sell as a separate item the "slip ring" that is a
part of their kit (BP Northwest).  The slip ring which fits on the
upper column at the first universal will allow the horn and turn signals to
remain controlled by the original steering head unit---but the unit will
rotate with the turn of the wheel and not self cancel.  I will be rigging up a
small buzzer to help remind me to cancel them.  For anyone who purchases or is
contemplating such a solution to solving the horn and signals, I have a series
of 30+ photos and a rough language conversion on the slip ring aspect of this
solution.

Regards,
Dan Cronin