[TR] "Retiring from the TR hobby"

P Caffrey pcaffrey at ymail.com
Sun Oct 11 16:25:46 MDT 2009

The only thing I don't like about my TR is the attention it gets.  When I got
it back in the 70s it was just another LBC, not a "classic."  Now, it attracts
notice and sometimes from undesirables.  I remember a couple of years ago some
guys in a "scraper"  (CA lingo for a Chevy type car with over-sized wheels)
gave me a bad time at a stop light.  So, I don't like the recognition the car
tends to bring to itself....Society has gotten nuttier.  I am more concerned
with some gang member nailing me than getting into a car accident with a
semi.  I wonder if some folks get rid of their cars for this reason.
Pat
TR4A
'67