[TR] speaking of tr-3 steering

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 14:47:11 MDT 2009

I've taken a cursery (how do ya spell that? lol)  look at my tr-3 steering box
(taken the lid off turned the wheel) lol  and can't seem to see anything
blatently wrong at this point.  I know at least I'll clean it all up, replace
gaskets.......ect., ect.

Just wondering what others have found wrong.  Is
replacement of peg and worm done 100% of the time?  Did you find the overhaul
of the steering box to be as daunting as suggested in some tech. stuff I
read?  I'm also a little worrried about adjustment after overhaul, how complex
is that?

just wondering.  I've got a tr-4 rack n pinion I could switch
too but really would like to keep the original, especially the control
head/turn signal.  Looks cool.

gary n.